Aside Posted on Updated on
Hothouse Flowers – Home 1990
Hothouse Flowers are an Irish rock group that combines traditional Irish music with influences from soul, gospel, and rock. Formed in 1985 in Dublin, they started as street performers. Their first album, People (1988), was the most successful debut album in Irish history, reaching No.1 in Ireland and No.2 in the UK. After two more albums and extensive touring, the group separated in 1994. Since getting back together in 1998, the band members have been sporadically issuing new songs and touring, but also pursuing solo careers.
Home is the second studio album by Irish rock band Hothouse Flowers. Released in June 1990 via London Records, it reached number 5 on the UK Albums Chart and 1 on the Australian charts.
Included on this album is a great cover of I can see clearly now if nothing else that’s well worth a listen.
- Liam Ó Maonlaí – piano, lead vocals, Hammond organ, bodhrán
- Leo Barnes – saxophone, backing vocals, Hammond organ
- Peter O’Toole – bouzouki, backing vocals, mandolin, bass
- Fiachna O’Braonain – electric and acoustic guitars, backing vocals, bass
- Jerry Fehily – drums, backing vocals, percussion, cymbal